IMPORTANT NOTE: An order that contains both pre-ordered AND in-stock products will not leave our warehouse until ALL ITEMS are in-stock and available to ship. This means that you could experience significant delays receiving your in-stock items. We recommend removing any pre-ordered items from your cart and placing a separate order to avoid this.
Image, contents, and "Expected to ship" dates are subject to change.
To learn more about how our pre-order system works, please read our Pre-Order FAQ.
This model kit recreates the F-35 Lightning II variant, F-35B in our legendary 1/48 Aircraft Series. Developed under the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program , the F-35 integrates multiple functions into its design and there are three types: the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) aircraft, the F-35B short takeoff, vertical landing (STOVL), and the F-35C carrier takeoff and landing (CV). The F-35B was developed as a successor of the AV- 8B Harrier II. The F-35B is recognized as the aircraft which accomplished both supersonic flight and STOVL by the 3-bearing engine duct nozzle and lift fan, and following the F-35A, the F-35B deployment started in 2015. The first F-35B to see action was an aircraft belonging to the U.S. Marine Corps VMFA-211 “Wake Island Avengers” in Afghanistan, in September 2018. Not only the U.S. and the U.K. but also Italy employs the F-35B. The Japan Air Self-Defense Force also plans to launch a new fighter squadron with the F-35B from 2024 onward. As the F-35B can be operated from both aircraft carriers and airfields featuring short runways, many countries are considering its deployment, and the F-35B looks set to become a significant presence in the skies across the world.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit.
• The model can be put together in one of the following three ways; Parked, Short takeoff, and
• Vertical landing.
• This kit can be assembled with one choice of three ordnance patterns – stealth mode, air-to-air mode, and beast mode.
• The lift fan depicted with ergonomic parts breakdown is integrated with nose landing gear bay. The inside fan shape is realistically rendered.
• The variable vane under lift fan can be depicted at different angles.
• Shorter fuselage weapon bays compared to the F-35A are newly molded and have detailed depictions of cables.
Choose parts according to the model type chosen.
• Rotary engine duct nozzle angles.
• Open or closed fuselage weapon bay doors, and half-open two inside weapon bay doors to capture vertical landing.
• Up or down leading-edge, trailing edge flaperons and horizontal stabilizers.
• Nose landing gear and main landing gear can be chosen between with or without load, according to chosen assembly type.
• Open or closed canopy.
• Extended or retracted boarding ladder.
• The engine nozzle is broken down into five separate pieces for detail.
• Martin-Baker US16E ejection seat depicted in detail.
• Includes a stand which can be used when depicting vertical landing.
• Comes with decals to depict 7 marking options from a total of three countries (United States Marine Corps, Royal Air Force, Italian Air Force / Navy).
• Includes various kinds of ordnance: AIM-9X Sidewinder x2, AIM-120C AMRAAM x2, GBU-12 Paveway II x4, and GBU-32 JDAM x2 (which can be mounted to shorter weapon bays compared to the F-35A).
• Masking stickers for the canopy and a pilot figure included.
Common parts to the F-35A kit (Item 61124):
Parts Tree A, B, C, E
NEW Parts exclusive to the F-35 B kit (Item 61125):
Parts Tree Y, X, R, V, W, U, T, Q, P
- December 2023